Log your sighting by telephone 01485 576187
HOW TO USE THE BUGALERT WEBSITE.
My colleague, Roland Alderson, and I have made it as simple as possible:
1. Home page. You're on it! This tells you the basic reasons for setting up the service and what it offers.
2. Bugalert page. Here you will be given the options of looking at three sections:
Butterflies. Daily reports for the current year of important butterfly sightings throughout the British Isles.
Dragonflies. Daily reports for the current year of important dragonfly and damselfly sightings throughout the British Isles.
Archive. All previous years' records of butterflies (to subspecies), dragonflies and damselflies from throughout the British Isles.
3. Archive page. A direct link to the archive of records collected since 2011 (and a few earlier data for some of the subspecies).
4. Gazeteer page. A list of sites for records received with OS Grid References.
5. Gallery page. A collection of the photo's I've taken on my trips of birds, butterflies, dragonflies and orchids. Here one can also see shots of habitats and larval hostplants where these are deemed useful. There is a search engine that can be used to find specific species.
6. About page. Tells you a bit about what I've done during my career as an entomologist and author.
7. Contact page. All of the contact details needed to report sightings and a selection of links for other recommended websites.
Happy hunting and get those records rolling in so that we can all share the beauty of our six-legged friends.
BUGalert A Wing of